Hi fit family.
Many of you know I love all things fitness and health related. That’s my life! My husband and I often talk about how we feel there are not enough health-related activities in our area that you can do as a family. With restaurants on every corner, many of the entertainment options center around eating. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE food! However, I find myself looking for new ways to have fun as a family in the Houston area that encourage us to stay active.
Recently I was invited to preview the new VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa in Cypress, Texas. This is actually the fifth VillaSport location opening. VillaSport is not a gym, it’s a club. It’s much nicer than your average gym. Actually, it’s fancy! They offer an extensive variety of family and social events designed to get everyone involved. It’s like a “home away from home.”
With its second Houston-area location offering 190,000 square feet of upscale, resort-style amenities tailored for each member of the family, VillaSport is a place where fitness, family and community all come together.
This is a sponsored post by VillaSport, however, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Check out my Instagram story of my tour here:
Upon walking into the facility, I was immediately impressed with the atmosphere and beautiful architecture of the lobby. I felt like I was in a country club. VillaSport offers so many services and activities under one roof, you probably won’t want to leave. They have a spa, nail salon, basketball court, kids club, family and adult-only pools, water slide, exercise classes, free weights, machine weights, a café and more! The cool thing is, you can scan your card as payment if you decide to use additional services (massage, snacks, smoothie, etc.) and you pay your membership fee once a month. That way you don’t have multiple transactions.
After completing the tour of the facility, these benefits were a few things that stood out and excited me:
- There is a spa and nail salon (shellac gel)! Hello girl’s night out!
- The childcare facility is immaculate and every kid’s dream playground
- Watch your child play on video while you’re working out
- In the spa they offer massages and muscle rubs for athletes with member pricing (discounts)
- They offer spray tanning, couples massage and waxing as well as parents’ night out events
- Birthday party hosting for kids
- Over 120 pieces of cardio equipment
- 150 group exercise classes (included in your membership)
- VillaSport offers laundry services and locker rental
- Two family pools with snack bar
- Family locker room and adult-only locker room with private showers
- Adult-only pool with outdoor bar for having cocktails with friends
- Gorgeous locker rooms! They have everything, you just need to bring a toothbrush
- Swimming lessons and outdoor water slide with beach-entry pools
During my tour, I was able to meet the club manager and some of the staff members. They are such nice people. I will definitely be going back soon! I have never seen an athletic club this nice. When I looked at our budget and what we spend on entertainment now, it’s more than we’d spend on a VillaSport membership. If you live in the Houston or surrounding area and value a healthy lifestyle and entertainment, check into it.
Here are a variety of events hosted by VillaSport:
- VillaMoms Club – mother/child and “mom-only” events
- Daddy-daughter dance
- Picnic by the pool
- Luau pool party
- Breakfast with Santa
- The great egg hunt
- The great pumpkin race / festival
- Family movie night
- Business networking night
- Wine & beer tastings
- Music by the pool
- Forever Young Club – mature adults
- Ice cream social
- Book Club
VillaKids: Something that really impressed me was learning that the VillaKids club is the most highly staffed area of VillaSport. Each child is separated by age group and their teacher works with them on activities specific to where they are developmentally. The kiddos rotate activities every 30 minutes. Rotations are designed to promote social interaction, play, skill development and learning. For example, science, climbing, games, arts & crafts, sports, music, movement and more.
Thank you for reading about my first VillaSport experience! I was very impressed with how clean and spacious the facility was. I actually toured the facility prior to the grand opening. As of now, the club is open and ready for business. The VillaSport manager mentioned that they monitor membership numbers and limit enrollment if needed so that the club is never too crowded, which is nice. Waiting for machines is never fun.
Let me know if you decide to join. I would love to hear about how your family is staying fit and healthy!