Hi Fit Family!
I don’t know about you, but I have a busy week ahead. I like to plan out my week to have a few healthy meals on hand. This is one of my favorite, easy recipes! Three muffins is a meal, so it’s perfect. I use a muffin pan that holds 12 muffins. Let me know how you like these! Enjoy!
2 cups cooked Spanish rice
2 cups cooked chicken
1.5 cups of egg whites
¼ cup diced purple onion
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup diced green bell pepper
1 small diced jalapeno
2 tablespoons lemon pepper
1 packet salt-free taco seasoning
Fat-free Italian dressing
1. Marinate 1 pound of raw chicken in fat free Italian dressing (use bowl or freezer bag).
2. Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
3. Cook marinated chicken stove top at medium heat until fully cooked. You can also use a pressure cooker or crock pot to make shredded chicken.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper to chicken as it cooks.
5. Cook Spanish rice mix following the directions on your favorite package (we used Knorr’s Spanish rice).
6. Once cooked, cube chicken into small bite-sized pieces and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add 2 cups cooked rice, 2 cups diced cooked chicken, 1.5 cups egg whites, ¼ diced purple onion, ¼ diced red bell pepper, ¼ diced green bell pepper, 1 small diced jalapeno, 1 tablespoon salt-free taco seasoning – stir with a spoon until blended.
8. Lightly spray 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
9. Evenly distribute mixture into 12-cup muffin pan.
10. Place pan in oven and cook for 13 min at 400 degrees.
11. Remove pan carefully, let cool and enjoy!
Note: These are also great topped with your favorite salsa or hot sauce!
Nutrition Facts: 3 muffins: 1.5g fat, 217 calories, 27g carbs, 21g protein
Angharad Woollaston says
These look great, I’ll defiantly give these a try! Hi from NZ 🙂