So…Saturday I woke up, checked one of many pregnancy apps on my phone and realized I’m now in the third trimester! Like WHOA! How can a pregnancy fly by so fast, yet not? LOL. I can’t believe he’ll be here in March/April. WOW!
Many people have asked me how this pregnancy compares to my first. Well, I was sick (morning/night) for 20 weeks with Brinkley but my sickness went away at week 12 with baby #2 (thank goodness!). Also, with my first, I could take naps and rest. When you have a four year old (or younger child in general), there is very little rest. Brinkley is very active until bedtime so it’s pretty much beautiful chaos over here! I know you mamas feel me!
I will admit, I am moving a bit slow lately. However, after three sinus infections, I am grateful for the following things:
- the ability to breathe clearly
- good sleep (kinda)
- the ability to move my body and stay active (my 4 year old makes sure I do)
- the ability to work from home and live in sweats (thank you, Lord!)
Here are a few things going on with me:
- Indigestion like crazy. No matter what I eat, I pretty much have indigestion all the time. I have never even had it before so this is new for me! I’ve heard that means the baby has hair. Is that true, mamas? Brinkley had no hair so this should be interesting.
- My ribs are constantly sore. Cuz yeah.
- I have a hard time getting off of the floor without extensive effort. It’s pretty hilarious! You should have seen me filming workouts the other day!
- If I eat a lot of sugar, like an ice cream, cinnamon roll or donut (for example) my face is completely broken out the next day. It’s gone the next day but it’s so weird how reactive my skin is right now.
- Back fat is real! We’ll just leave that there.
- Lots of pelvic pressure. I literally feel like he will fall out of me if I stand too quickly and start walking. Anyone else? My doctor says that’s normal.
- I am running out of clothes that fit…and fast! Yikes! I was 15 pounds heavier this time around (versus when I got pregnant with Brinkley) and have gained 30 pounds so I am definitely lacking in the clothes department. I hate to buy much though because I am not giving myself any excuses to stick around this place. Hee hee! I’ll survive!
- Out of breath constantly, swollen ankles and achy feet.
- Sleep is good some nights. But other nights I toss and turn because this belly is getting heavy, y’all. And all the peeing is so fun! Haha!
- This little munchkin is moving like crazy! He loves kicking me at 3am. 🙂 It’s the sweetest.
That’s about it for now! Pregnancy is an animal of its own but it’s only for a season. I am so grateful that the baby looks healthy and is growing fast! I got to see his little sweet face (and pouty lips) on my last ultrasound and I’m just so in love already!
I would also like to send a special message to my friends trying to conceive. My prayers go out to each and every one of you that all goes well and your family is blessed very soon. Hugs!
Thanks for following my journey with pregnancy #2! And for those asking, we are 99.9% sure of his name but we want to wait to meet him just to be sure.
Love you all and I appreciate your support.
PS- If you’d like to follow my pregnancy fitness plan along with me, check it out here! START NOW