Hello fit family!
This morning we made a protein breakfast pizza and it is too yummy not to share! It’s super easy and takes very few ingredients. (I am all about that life). The simpler, the better.
– Pillsbury pizza crust in the can
– 16 oz liquid egg whites
– 6 slices of turkey bacon
– Your favorite low fat shredded cheese (we used mozzarella)
1. Use cooking spray to lightly coat your pan and pour in the liquid egg whites. Cook/stir until scrambled.
2. Follow instructions on turkey bacon wrapper to prepare your bacon. We like to cook ours in a pan but others like to bake it.
3. Follow the directions on the Pillsbury can to prebake the pizza dough.
We did this: heat oven to 400 degrees, grease any size non-stick cookie sheet. (425 degrees for all other pan types). Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Create the desired shape of your pizza. Prebake the dough for 8 minutes, then you’ll add your toppings.
Top your crust with the scrambled egg whites, then turkey bacon, then cheese. Bake the pizza for 6-10 minutes longer.
I have been counting macros lately and was pleasantly surprised that the crust itself was low in fat. 1/6 crust is 2g fat, 32g carbs & 5g of protein. If you are counting macros, just be sure to factor in your cheese, egg whites and turkey bacon. If you’d like help with macros, I have a beginner’s guide here.